Interested in being a Feels contributor? Fantastic!
We are currently accepting submissions for Issue 11: Kinship and Issue 12: Freedom:
Kinship Mission Statement (submission deadline Feb 29, 2020):
We all know the expression 'no one is an island'. Cooperation between us is essential to our survival and happiness. But what about those special, one-of-a-kind, magnetic bonds that tether us to the people we love most in the world? In Issue 11, we explore the friend, blood, and chosen family relationships that bring us joy, security and calm as we navigate the rocky waters of our lives.
Freedom Mission Statement (submission deadline June 30, 2020):
What does it mean to feel untethered and free? In a world where repression and conformity reigns, what do we do when our true selves don’t fit with expectations? In Issue 12, we explore the pathways to liberation, the internal struggles against external forces, and how we make our place as the unique souls we are.
Writing: fictional stories, poetry, personal essays, interview proposals.
Visual Art: photography, illustration, art, typography.
Have an idea for a submission not listed above? Send us an email with your proposal, we’re eager to read it.
Before submitting, please read our COMMUNITY GUIDELINES.
We welcome (and encourage) people of all diverse experiences, abilities and communities to submit their work. Your voice is important, and we would like to support it. The more voices we hear, the more we can learn from one another.
Please keep up to date with the current deadlines and mission statements for upcoming issues *including if the issue is being printed in full colour or risograph* by following us on Instagram & Facebook
1. Please title your email submissions using the following: "FEELS Submission - Issue ___ - [Your name as it should appear in the issue if accepted] - Title of Submission"
2. If submitting a collection of works, please submit all in one email with the name of the collection as the title.
3. If submitting multiple separate works for the same issue, please submit each individually.
4. Art Submissions: FEELS is 7.5" x 9.5" with a 0.125" bleed. Please be advised that we will ask you to recolour your artwork as we print in risograph.
5. Please indicate in the body of your email the country you are submitting from, as we publish a majority Canadian content as a Canadian publication, but do include global contributors as well.
Please send all submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We kindly request submissions are limited to one or two works due to the high volume of submissions we receive, and please have patience with us in responding to new emails--we promise to reply to each and every one.
Please note: Feels is a self-funded labour of love project and unfortunately we are unable to pay our contributors at this time. All our writers and artists volunteer their time and work to us and we understand that sometimes that model doesn't work for everyone. We hope to secure funding in the future.