Interested in being a Feels contributor? Fantastic!
We are currently accepting submissions for Issue 15: Falling out of Love (September 2021; deadline June 30 2021). Mission statement below:
There is a complicated middle between love and love lost -- the process we go through and emotions we feel as we fall out of love. How do we navigate the messiness of changing feelings in a world that villainizes the one doing the leaving? How do we express ourselves about romantic partners, family, friends, places, and identities that are no longer serving us? How does it feel when we finally say goodbye? In Issue 15, we explore the ambivalence, the hurt, the strength, and the transformation that comes with desenamorarse -- falling out of love.
*We are looking for submissions beyond romantic love as this issue is not centred on one type of love*
We are currently accepting submissions for our 2022 issues: Growth (May).
Writing: poetry, personal essays, fictional stories, interview proposals.
Visual Art: photography, illustration, art, typography.
Have an idea for a submission not listed above? Send us an email with your proposal, we’re eager to read it.
Before submitting, please read our COMMUNITY GUIDELINES.
We welcome (and encourage) people of all diverse experiences, abilities and communities to submit their work. Your voice is important, and we would like to support it. The more voices we hear, the more we can learn from one another.
Please keep up to date with the current deadlines and mission statements for upcoming issues *including if the issue is being printed in full colour or risograph* by following us on Instagram & Facebook
1. Please title your email submissions using the following: "FEELS Submission - Issue ___ - [Your name as it should appear in the issue if accepted] - Title of Submission"
2. If submitting a collection of works, please submit all in one email with the name of the collection as the title.
3. If submitting multiple separate works for the same issue, please submit each individually.
4. Art submissions: FEELS is 7.5" x 9.5" with a 0.125" bleed. Please be advised that we will ask you to recolour your artwork as we print in risograph.
5. Longform written submissions: the maximum word count for submissions is 1200 words. Please submit as a word document or using Google Docs.
6. Please indicate in the body of your email the country you are submitting from, as we publish a majority Canadian content as a Canadian publication, but do include global contributors as well.
Please send all submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you do not receive a reply to your email confirming it has reached us, please follow up with our main email, email@example.com.
We kindly request submissions are limited to one or two works due to the high volume of submissions we receive, and please have patience with us in responding to new emails--we promise to reply to each and every one.
Please note: Feels is a labour of love, community-based project that does not turn a profit, so unfortunately we aren't able to offer monetary compensation at this time. All our writers and artists volunteer their time and work to us and we understand that sometimes that model doesn't work for everyone. We believe in fair and equal work for all and are hoping to rectify this in the future if we are able to receive grant funding.