Interested in being a Feels contributor? Fantastic!
We are currently accepting submissions for Issue 14: Safe (releasing May 2021; deadline to submit February 28 2021).
Issue 14: Safe Mission Statement:
Safety is something we all need, want, and deserve to feel, yet may not always be our reality. When we dig in, what does feeling safe truly mean for us? What is needed to feel secure? In Issue 14, we explore the personal and structural obstacles to feeling safe, the journeys we have taken in search of security, and what we do once we find it.
We are also excepting submissions for Issue 15: Desenamorarse, which means 'to fall out of love' (September 2021; deadline June 30 2021).
Writing: poetry, personal essays, fictional stories, interview proposals.
Visual Art: photography, illustration, art, typography.
Have an idea for a submission not listed above? Send us an email with your proposal, we’re eager to read it.
Before submitting, please read our COMMUNITY GUIDELINES.
We welcome (and encourage) people of all diverse experiences, abilities and communities to submit their work. Your voice is important, and we would like to support it. The more voices we hear, the more we can learn from one another.
Please keep up to date with the current deadlines and mission statements for upcoming issues *including if the issue is being printed in full colour or risograph* by following us on Instagram & Facebook
1. Please title your email submissions using the following: "FEELS Submission - Issue ___ - [Your name as it should appear in the issue if accepted] - Title of Submission"
2. If submitting a collection of works, please submit all in one email with the name of the collection as the title.
3. If submitting multiple separate works for the same issue, please submit each individually.
4. Art submissions: FEELS is 7.5" x 9.5" with a 0.125" bleed. Please be advised that we will ask you to recolour your artwork as we print in risograph.
5. Longform written submissions: the maximum word count for submissions is 1200 words. Please submit as a word document or using Google Docs.
6. Please indicate in the body of your email the country you are submitting from, as we publish a majority Canadian content as a Canadian publication, but do include global contributors as well.
Please send all submissions to email@example.com.
We kindly request submissions are limited to one or two works due to the high volume of submissions we receive, and please have patience with us in responding to new emails--we promise to reply to each and every one.
Please note: Feels is a labour of love, community-based project that does not turn a profit, so unfortunately we aren't able to offer monetary compensation at this time. All our writers and artists volunteer their time and work to us and we understand that sometimes that model doesn't work for everyone. We believe in fair and equal work for all and are hoping to rectify this in the future if we are able to receive grant funding.